Seeds of Mindfulness
Seeds of Mindfulness is a 4 session introductory course for learning to be at peace in your own mind and heart. Learning to let go of the past, leave the future in the future, and focus, and stay with, what is happening right now in the present moment is a key component.
The aim is to learn to create a space to allow more peace, calm, light and love permeate your heart and your life.
Be happy in the moment,
Each moment is all we need, not more."
What is Seeds of Mindfulness?
seeds of Mindfulness introduces the notions of awareness, paying attention to the present moment, and non-judgement via a series of practical exercises and meditations used to grow your awareness of how your mind works, and how you might explore your own patterns of thoughts, reactions, feelings and emotions.
The course is informed by the teachings of Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach, the wisdom of the Dalai Lama and the secularism of Jon Kabat-Zinn. The course approaches teaching mindfulness as a most useful practical skill, to help us navigate the messiness, complexity and challenges of our current modern life and global situation.
Why learn mindfulness?
Our minds are like little puppies – darting here there and everywhere. And just like we train the little puppy to sit still, we can train our mind to sit still. Then we can manage what happens in our lives in a calm way. If we can stay in the present moment, we can learn to read our emotions, feelings and thoughts then choose how to react to them, rather than letting them lead us (just like we train a puppy to walk with us on the lead rather than drag us around).
Neurological research now shows that practicing mindfulness offers some terrific benefits:
- Relieved stress and anxiety, depression, burnout and pain.
- A more positive state of mind.
- Meet situations with increased wisdom and confidence.
- Improved concentration.
- Greater clarity in decision making
- Develop healthy responses to life’s challenges
- Choose our mental state.
- Increased resilience
- Enhanced capacity to deal with pain and illness
- Buffer to bullying
What happens in a Seeds of Mindfulness class?
Seeds of Mindfulness is run as a weekly 1 hour class, for 4 weeks, or as a half day intensive or a full day intensive workshop that incorporates forest bathing.
Class activities include:
- Practical exercises
- Talks explaining concepts
- Discussions and Q and A sessions to understand concepts, meditations and experiences.
- Home practice consisting of activities and meditations
Offered as 4 x 1 hour sessions, either weekly, or as a 1/2 day workshop:
Session 1 – being aware of your breath and body
Session 2 – listening to your body's feelings and emotions
Session 3 – thoughts and common challenges
Session 4 – integrating mindfulness into daily life
What outcomes can I expect from Seeds of Mindfulness?
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Settle and focus your mind.
- Meditate in silence and with the use of guided meditations.
- Establish a breath focus practice.
- Understand basic mindfulness concepts.
- Use exercises to find peace and calm in your everyday life.
- Connect your thoughts, emotions and feelings to your well-being.
- Create more peace and happiness your life.
Who is Seeds of Mindfulness for?
But especially beginners who want to learn the basics of a mindfulness practice, that they can use in daily life.
It is especially beneficial for anyone feeling overwhelmed by their own inner challenges as well as life’s challenges.
Details: Intensive full day program (includes forest bathing)
Location: Forest Farm.
Dates and Times: Saturday, 24 July 2021 9am - 5pm.